About Our Facilities
You may be wondering what it’s like to live here for two weeks. This info will probably help you know what to expect and to feel at home as quickly as possible.
The weather varies, of course. For fall, spring and winter we suggest clothing which can be layered. A warm jacket, mittens or gloves, scarf or hat. It is nice to walk here in the little town. Indoors dress is casual. One nice outfit for the final dinner adds a bit of class.
Heartstream and the Dodds’ own a total of five houses situated at the end of a quiet cul de sac. You will stay in a room in one of these houses. Each single will have his/her own room (except during member care training programs when two singles may be asked to share a room with twin beds). Linens and towels are provided.
We’ll all eat our meals together family-style in the dining room at the Program House, so get those parasite/snake/most embarrassing language blooper stories ready to share with us. This group will actually enjoy hearing about it. The food is really good, even though it’s nutritious. If you have special dietary needs or food allergies, please let us know that as soon as you can.
Yes, we want you to smell good. You may do your laundry during posted hours while you’re here. Each home has laundry facilities. Supplies are provided.
Enjoying creature comforts:
- Music: Each room is equipped with a portable stereo CD player; cassette players are available upon request. We have lots of CDs; you can borrow or bring your own.
- Snacks: These are provided twice a day. Coffee, tea, juice are always available. If you want to bring your own stash of snacks, soda, or other soft drinks, there’s space in the classroom or downstairs fridge.
- TV: Not available here on the property. VCR for movies in our curriculum only.
- Newspaper: Harrisburg (PA) Patriot-News available many days.
- Library: lots of books (including fiction)
- Telephone: Cell phone companies vary in their provision of services here. Your cell phone may or may not work in Liverpool. Long distance service is only available here on the property by using a calling card. You can buy a card from us when you get here. Otherwise, Costco offers a rate of 2.9 cents a minute on their cards if you’d like to purchase one before you come.
Meeting that computer need:
- Free Wireless internet in the classroom for those with wi-fi enabled computers (although if you’re here for the Intensive Care program, we ask you to “fast” from e-mail unless it’s an emergency).
- HP OfficeJet printer/scanner/copier available (limited use; no color) .
Finally, bring your camera! This is a beautiful place. We are delighted that you’ll be joining us, and we can’t wait for you to get here.